Database Research Summaries2018 Pest and Beneficial Arthropod Survey of Delaware Soybean
The focus of this project is to identify population trends and behavior of recent insect pests and beneficial’s in the state.
- Monitor statewide soybean pest occurrence to advise stakeholders of pest activity to aid in targeting scouting efforts.
- Monitor important natural enemies that may contribute to pest reduction.
- Identify locations that may be suitable for research and demonstration pest management trials.
- Build a soybean arthropod pest and natural enemy reference collection for use in extension outreach training and research grants support.
Results will be updated once the research has been completed.
- Proper pest identification is necessary in order to select the most efficacious and cost-effective management tactic.
- This information is important to evaluate management recommendations and to identify potential resistance to a control tactic before resistance causes control failure.
For more information about this research project, please visit the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database.
Funded in part by the soybean checkoff.