Database Research Summaries2018 In support of the Iowa Soybean Research Center
The focus of this project is to support the Iowa Soybean Research Center’s efforts in bringing together scientists and educators from public and private entities to discuss research and education needs, share research and education experiences, ideas and technologies, and offer opportunities to sponsor efforts.
- Forge strong public-private partnerships.
- Sustain communication and collaboration with soybean farmers and the agricultural industry about needs for soybean research and education activities by ISU and the Iowa Soybean Association.
- Increase training of undergraduate and graduate students and other personnel for soybean-related research, education and production activities.
- Increase public and private funding of soybean-related research and education activities.
- Deliver research-based information to benefit the Iowa soybean industry.
- Increase communication with farmers and industry about soybean-related research and education activities at ISU and the Iowa Soybean Association.
- The Iowa Soybean Research Center at Iowa State University (ISU) works to foster research cooperation and synergies among Iowa Soybean Association (ISA), ISU, and private industry and to obtain industry funding for soybean research to leverage funding provided by ISA and ISU.
- The Center also works to coordinate all soybean-research-related activities at ISU and to organize educational events for our soybean check off partners and for ISU faculty, students and staff. Numerous activities, found online in the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database (link located above), were conducted to meet the center’s goals and objectives in the past twelve months.
The Iowa Soybean Research Center is the only soybean center involving farmers and industry personnel in developing the research agenda of the university in the state.
For more information about this research project, please visit the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database.
Funded in part by the soybean checkoff.