Database Research Summaries2018 ILSoyAdvisor.com and CCA Soy Envoy Platform
The focus of this project is to support Illinois soybean farmers in their pursuit of the competitive edge by providing timely, actionable advice and recommendations to increase yields and profitability, while promoting smarter farm management and more sustainable production practices.
- Deliver better soybean crop management practices designed to increase yield and profits, while mainstreaming sustainable production practices.
- Maintain and promote ILSoyAdvisor.com using ISA communications vehicles, social media and media relations as well as new paid digital and social media support tactics.
- Recruit industry stakeholders to provide local information and expertise to ILSoyAdvisor.com.
- Engage Illinois CCAs to contribute specific soybean content as part of the CCA Soy Envoy program.
- Leverage CCA Soy Envoys to share soybean management information through different channels.
- Generate brand awareness for the IL CCA Soy Envoy program and position the envoys as industry experts for soybean crop management.
- As a result of communication efforts, farmers and industry influencers recognized ISA and the soybean checkoff as being more relevant and engaged in their local areas.
- Awareness was also increased for better management practices for increased soybean yields and profitability, while minimizing environmental impact.
- There was active promotion of the ILSoyAdvisor brand and engagement with target audiences on multiple platforms and at a variety of trade show events. The website showcased the Illinois Soybean Association as a leader and trusted third-party source in growers’ pursuit of a competitive edge.
- ILSoyAdvisor content offers additional, actionable information for farmers, while increasing awareness of conservation practices to try on their farms.
- Best management practices and new technologies can increase yield, and growers will adopt best management practices if they are perceived as useful to their own farming operation and providing a return on investment.
- Developing an expanded understanding of soybean production economics creates a potential for greater profitability.
For more information about this research project, please visit the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database.
Funded in part by the soybean checkoff.