Database Research Summaries2018 IL Soy Advisor Events
The focus of this project is to engage IL State’s farmers, industry and CCA Envoy partners in five new ILSoyAdvisor localized events, one regional ILSoyAdvisor Soybean Summit and agricultural trades show support and attendance.
- Increase awareness of ISA as a trusted source of information by helping farmers proactively manage their operations while increasing yield and profitability.
- Increase ISA engagement with growers, agronomists, industry and other influencers.
- Create opportunities for certified crop advisors to gain CEUs.
- Gain ISA event coverage in agricultural media.
- Due to this grant funding, there were multiple presentations put on throughout the state of Illinois. One event happened in Jacksonville, Illinois where hundreds attended an event. The Illinois Soybean Association also hosted two Better Beans Series events in the northern and northwestern parts of the state.
- The details from their presentation can be found on the URL link above.
- Best management practices and new technologies can increase yield, and growers will adopt best management practices if they are perceived as useful to their own farming operation and providing a return on investment.
- Developing an expanded understanding of soybean production economics creates a potential for greater profitability.
For more information about this research project, please visit the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database.
Funded in part by the soybean checkoff.