Database Research Summaries2017 On Field Ohio
The focus of this project is to evaluate and revise the Ohio P Risk Index.
- Validate and as necessary revise the Ohio P Risk Index.
- Quantitatively, integrate additional best management practices into the Ohio P Index.
- Actively promote the use of the revised/enhanced P Index.
- Calculations are now run on a weighted average of the all map units in the area of interest. This provides a weighted average of erosion outputs, and runoff volume estimates over a larger proportion of the field. These outputs are used by the tool in subsequent calculations, and should better represent field properties and practices. This may be especially important for heterogeneous (rolling) fields.
- It is now easier to compare results of multiple crop management scenarios, simplify outputs and user recordkeeping by showing RUSLE2 and nutrient descriptors along with associated results outputs.
- The “clear” button on the Google map (to identify the field) page should only clear an incorrect outline, NOT push the user all the way out of the map.
- “Bugs” were repaired in fertilizer/manure application calculations.
A validated and enhanced Ohio P Index will greatly benefit and provide information to both stakeholders and producers.
For more information about this research project, please visit the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database.
Funded in part by the soybean checkoff.