Database Research Summaries2017 Continuation of sudden death syndrome and soybean cyst nematode research at the soybean disease research center in Decatur
The focus of this project is to evaluate the performance and economic returns of the new and improved SCN resistant varieties because plant pathologists believe there is a connection between SDS severity and SCN populations.
- Evaluate advanced breeding lines for SDS tolerance
- Identify genes conferring resistance to root colonization by SDS pathogen
- Examine the SCN/SDS interaction
- The Decatur nursery consistently showed high SDS disease pressure and helped us achieved our research goals on SDS.
- Research proved again the nursery was the best naturally infected SDS nursery in the US.
This project will provide Michigan soybean producers with new and effective information for reducing yield losses from SCN and SDS in Michigan.
For more information about this research project, please visit the National Soybean Checkoff Research Database.
Funded in part by the soybean checkoff.